Review: The Summer I Gave Up Boys by Kassandra Kush

Kaliyah Simon is a book blogger who owns seven hundred and seventy seven books. Sound familiar? After a very public break up with her boyfriend she is home from college for the summer with every intention of spending it without male company. That is until her arch-nemesis Isaiah Winters bumps into her at the airport and suddenly seems to want to be friends. Reunited with her old friends, Kaliyah's life reverts to that of her school years, complete with high-school crushes and gossip galore. Sun, sand and pool parties combine to make this summer one that Kaliyah will never forget.

This is a take on the age old tale of girl thinks she hates boy, girl actually loves boy, yet it is told with enough sincerity to avoid it being cheesy. Kaliyah as a character was entirely relatable, and the story is told with refreshing honesty from her point of view. It's pretty clear from the outset how this novella is going to end, but that's not a bad thing.

4/5 stars: A short and sweet, if a little predictable read to pass an evening with.



This book is available for FREE on Amazon, and is my first book read as part of the Clean Out Your e-Reader Challenge 2014.

Comments

  1. I have to say I think she has more books on her e-reader then me lol.
    Great review, so glad you like it. Sometimes an easy read can be very refreshing. This one sounds really cute.

    Maybe I can work on getting my E-reader as many book as she has on hers and go add this one :)

    Have a great day
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super cute and I adore the kind of enemies-to-lovers romances! So I just added this to my never ending list of Kindle books. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a light-hearted read :) And now that's one less book in your ebook for you to worry about!

    Unfortunately, the ebook isn't for free on the Australia website, curses!

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey