The Liebster Blog Award

So a few days ago Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. The Award is designed as an opportunity for smaller blogs to get some love and recognition, and I was very happy to have been nominated!

Here are the rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
  • Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!

11 Facts about Me
1) I love books, films and theatre. A career involving any of these, or all three would be my dream job.
2) I remember lyrics and quotes much more easily than facts- I even used to make up  songs to help me remember stuff for exams!
3) I'm ridiculously addicted to pistachio nuts.
4) I fall in love far too easily with fictional men.
5) I have always loved reading, one of my earliest memories is staying up way past my bedtime reading Enid Blyton's Famous Five books.
6) My favourite colour is red.
7)  I have a degree in my two favourite subjects: English and History. Blogging is a way for me to keep my mind sharp and gives me an excuse to ramble about what interests me most.
8) I live near the North Yorkshire Moors, to me the most beautiful place on earth!
9)  I get way too emotionally invested in TV shows.
10) My favourite film is, and forever will be, The Sound of Music.
11) I am a very untidy person. This is possibly why my blog is so simple- I need some kind of order in my life!


11 Questions from Katrina
1) If you could be a book character, who would you be?
I love this question! After a lot of thought the obvious answer to me is Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice. I love the regency outfits, and who doesn't want their very own Mr Darcy? My sister is actually named after her too.

2) Which country would you most like to visit?
Definitely Italy! My dream is to one day do a road trip of the entire country; Venice, Tuscany, Naples, Verona... it's all so beautiful and Italian food is amazing!

3) What is your favourite food to eat?
Accidentally already answered this haha. Anything Italian, pasta, pizza, ice cream, it's all scrummy!

4) What about blogging do you find the most challenging?
A lot of the fancy html stuff is beyond me, but I like the simplicity of my blog so I'm not troubled by it.

5) Who is your favourite author?
This is a tricky question! In terms of historical fiction I love Elizabeth Chadwick's novels. Studying English has also given me a love for the great F. Scott Fitzgerald.

6) What is your proudest achievement?
My First Class degree in English and History :)

7) Do you have any pets? If not, would you ever want one?
We live on a farm and have way too many cats (but I adore them all)! We also have a gorgeous Border Collie dog. I couldn't live without animals.

8) What do you do in your spare time other than blogging?
Reading (obviously) and walking; living in the countryside gives me plenty of places to go! I'm also doing a couple of online courses with FutureLearn (anyone with time on your hands I'd advise you to check it out - it's free!)

9) What sort of films, if any, do you enjoy?
I LOVE films! My favourites include A Knight's Tale and Shakespeare in Love, but I also love a good rom-com and can pretty much talk along with Bridget Jones' Diary I've seen it so many times. I'm also a massive James Bond fan and I adore musicals so yeah my taste is pretty varied!

10) When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
When I started blogging. I've always been really shy and protective of my writing (I hated people reading my uni work) but I'm so glad that I did it!

11) What is your current occupation?
A Farmer! Until I get that dream job working with books all day every day I'm a farm hand for my dad, and I love it :)


11 Questions from Me
1) What got you into blogging in the first place?
2) What's your favourite book and why?
3) What was the last film you saw at the cinema and what did you think of it?
4) Do you have a favourite song?
5) If you could live in any fictional world (i.e. Narnia) where would you choose?
6) Who would your dream fictional husband/wife be?
7) Do you have a favourite cartoon character?
8) Do you prefer eBooks or physical ones? Which do you read most often?
9) What's your favourite TV show?
10) Why did you choose your blog name? Is there a story behind it?
11) In the film of your life, who would play you? And what would you call it?


Nominated Blogs
1) May @ Ramblings of a Ruminating Reader
2) Tiffany @ Beneath the Jacket
3) Girl With Her Head in a Book
4) Hannah @ Hannah's Haven
5) Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader
6) Dylena @Past Time Book Lover
7) Geybie @ Geybie's Book Blog
8) Myra @ I'm Loving Books
9) Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

Over to you :)


Comments

  1. The Sound of Music! Love it! I always love learning more about the person behind the blog!
    Thanks for nominating me!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I get way too emotionally invested in TV shows, especially pairings I fervently ship. Whenever the writers take the storyline/pairings in a direction I did not like, I feel like I've been personally betrayed. Is that weird?
    Thanks for the nomination by the way!

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these answers! Elizabeth Bennett is a great character to choose, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books! I am totally with you on the Italian food thing, I don't really like pizza but if I could live on pasta for the rest of my life, I would. Also, HTML stuff is a bit beyond me too, I'm trying to learn how to do it all and finding it a little complicated haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! Thank you so much for the nomination! I love participating in this and I just want to say how much fun it was. I’m stopped by to tell you that I have nominated you for the Working to change the World award! You can read more HERE! If you do not want to participate or have already participated in the past then just let me say that I really enjoy you blog and I hope you’re having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nomination! I am going to get this up on the blog tomorrow! (Sorry it took me so long!) I really appreciate the nomination! :]

    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans