Clean out your e-Reader Challenge

Because reading is better than real life
I've only been blogging for a few months, but have always been an avid reader. My kindle app is full of downloads from amazon's free bestsellers list to the point where I've had to ban myself from looking! (I used to check the list at least once a day to make sure I didn't miss any exciting new additions, I think I was genuinely addicted!)

Then I discovered NetGalley and the problem started all over again. I wasn't expecting to be accepted to review as many books as I have been, and my feedback to approval ratio is only 5.9%. 

The Clean out your e-Reader Challenge gives you the chance to read the books that have been sitting around for months waiting to be read.


Click on the picture above to sign up and take on the challenge with me :)


Goal: Spring Clean - 5 to 9 eBooks

I've looked through my lists, and here are some of the books that I'm hoping to get through: 



"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a missing Monet painting is worth millions in cold hard cash…
To clear her name, Zoe plunges into the shadowy world of art theft, teaming up with a former goth girl hacker, a persistent reporter, and a retired FBI agent turned cruise ship enthusiast.
Zoe’s hunt takes her from Paris to sun-drenched villas on the Mediterranean coast. As she finds her way through a maze of lies and deceit, Zoe discovers staying alive is a fine art."





"Between a meddling, narcissistic mother, a self-absorbed therapist and friends trying to send her to dating re-education camps, it seems that fake cheese is the only genuine thing left in the city.  Social ambition combats self-actualization in this biting tale of one woman’s search for certainty in a city full of mirages."






Reading Upside Down - Jo Platt (Amazon Kindle: free at time of purchase)

"Abandoned without explanation at the altar, 30 year-old Rosalind Shaw descends into the kind of depression which involves her watching too much daytime TV and not bothering to shower as regularly as her mother would like. After several inebriated, unwashed, months, Ros relocates from London to St Albans and begins a new life, as part-owner of an antiquarian bookshop, "Chapters". Here she finds herself working alongside the intellectual, and intensely private, Andrew; the kind-hearted, sartorially splendid, Georgina; and Joan, a free-spirited, loose cannon of a pensioner, with a penchant for amateur dramatics and outdoor nudity."



(Amazon Kindle: free at time of purchase)

"Seventeen year old Lady Guinevere holds the crown to an ancient kingdom. Without brothers to ascend the throne, marriage to her will assure any man the right to rule. Arthur Pendragon has won his power through battle. His legions have elected him their king and protector but he seeks to legitimize his claim to High King through marrying Guinevere.
Lancelot, a valiant knight with a broken past, is driven by his desire to protect those in need. He's joined Arthur's forces because he believes in Arthur's dream of peace for a war-torn country.
But Lancelot possesses something that Arthur can never win...Guinevere's heart."



If you decide to participate let me know!


Update: Since scheduling this post a month or so ago I allowed myself back on the kindle store. I now have at least another ten eBooks to get through. Oops.


Comments

  1. Cleaning out the e-reader is a great idea! I think I need to do this with my actual bookshelves and use my Kindle a bit more if I'm honest haha!
    Also: I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!

    Check out this link if you want to participate:
    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have plenty of physical books to get through too, I prefer them to kindle tbh but I just can't say no to free books haha!
      Thanks for the nomination! Definitely adding this to my to-do list :)

      Delete
  2. Betrothal looks very good. I haven't heard of that book and now I am adding to my TBR list :)

    Great Picks! Good Luck with the Challenge

    Happy Reading
    Michelle@BecauseReading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Your Netgalley ratio is as bad as mine - I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I've managed to stay away for a few months now and I'm really hoping to get the ratio way up before the end of the year. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans